Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flickr!

So, this is going to sound really lame, but I just discovered flickr. I mean, I always knew it existed, in the back of my mind, but I'd never really looked around or searched on there before.

They have a ton of great Barbie photos on here! Now obviously, a vast majority of these photos are copyrighted and will not be appearing on this blog but in the future I'm going to include links to some of the great photographers on the site, especially when their pictures are relevant to some of the items.

I'm planning on including the Barbie Fold n' Fun House as one of the items for my Barbie Furniture and Structures page (it will be the inaugural item of that page! Exciting!). I was looking for photos which appear to be far and few between and came upon this Flickr blog:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauralovelylocks/

The Flickr name of the author is Laura Lovely Locks and she has some great photos of some 80's Barbies. But what she also has is a "family photos" type deal where she has placed Barbies in the structures and made it look quite realistic. I think that's just awesome. Pictures of packaged items are great and all -- it really can help you identify a set and what it is exactly -- but pictures of Barbies where they are used in models really remind people of what it is to play with Barbies. And playing with Barbies is what always held the magic for me.

So I just thought I'd share!